How To Get a Cannabis Card in Mississippi
WhERE TO GO?
To secure your Cannabis Card for Mississippi, please visit the Mississippi State Department of Health website
Getting a cannabis card can be confusing. Here, taken directly from the Mississippi Department of Health (MDSH), are the steps to break it down for you to easily get your card and start healing with plant medicine.
Before you apply, visit a medical professional to be certified for medical cannabis use.
- Visit a physician, nurse practitioner, or optometrist participating in the medical cannabis program.
- The medical professional will determine whether you have a qualifying medical condition, *see list of qualifying conditions below* and if so, register your certification for medical cannabis use with the Mississippi Medical Cannabis Program.
- Within 60 days of medical certification, apply to the Medical Cannabis Program as a patient. You'll receive an electronic identification card that can be used at a medical cannabis dispensary.
Medical Conditions include:
- Parkinson's disease
- Huntington's disease
- muscular dystrophy
- spastic quadriplegia
- positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)
- acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS)
- amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Crohn's disease
- ulcerative colitis
- sickle-cell anemia
- Alzheimer's disease
- agitation of dementia
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- pain refractory to appropriate opioid management
- diabetic/peripheral neuropathy
- spinal cord disease or severe injury
- cachexia or wasting syndrome
- chronic pain
- severe or intractable nausea
- severe and persistent muscle spasms including, but not limited to, those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
To obtain a Registered Qualifying Patient Identification Card, an applicant must submit (in a form and manner determined by the Department) the following information:
1. Full legal name and any aliases, such as a nickname (e.g., Bill as a nickname for William);
2. Date of birth;
3. Current physical address;
4. Current mailing address;
5. Current telephone number and/or email address;
6. Identification issued by the State of MS – driver’s license, state-issued ID card issued by the department of motor vehicles;
7. Proof of residency in the State of Mississippi to two source documents from the following:
- A. Ownership, lease, or rental documents in the name of the applicant for place of residence;
- B. Utility billing statements in the name of the applicant (power bill, gas bill, water bill) for the place of residence;
- C. MS vehicle registration in the name of the applicant;
8. Current photograph
- A. clear, color photograph of the head and top of shoulders;
- B. be an image in a .jpg, .png, or .gif digital image format
- C. be taken in the last six months to reflect the applicant’s appearance;
- D. be taken in front of a plain white or off-white background;
- E. be taken in full-face view directly facing the camera at eye level with nothing obscuring the face;
- F. must not be digitally enhanced to change the appearance of the applicant (e.g., use of “filters”).
9. Written certification (as set forth by the Department);
10. Identification card nonrefundable fee (see Rules 2.2.3 and 2.2.4);
11. An attestation, signed and dated by the applicant, that the information provided is true and correct;
12. An attestation, signed and dated by the applicant, pledging not to divert medical cannabis or medical cannabis products to any individual or entity; and,
13. Any other information that may be required by the Department.
Should you need any additional details about securing your Cannabis Card for Mississippi, please visit the Mississippi State Department of Health website https://msdh.ms.gov/page/30,0,425.html